Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On my way to Work

So this morning on my way to work I said a prayer as I usually do.  I have been praying that God will bring me closer to Him and that in all things I will do His will and that I'll teach my children to do the same.  Well, this morning after my prayer.  I decided that since I have started "blogging" my thoughts that I will have the children do the same, except theirs will be on paper.  I am going to teach them to "count their blessings" and to "pray without ceasing" and to journal these things so that they will learn to "see" who God is and how he answers our prayers. 

I have learned that sometimes the things we consider "blessings" are not what God  considers "blessings.''  We need to study God's word to find out what God considers a blessing and count those things. A quote that often comes to mind when I think of blessings and how the world sees them is from Doug Phillips~ "The Bible calls debt a curse and children a blessing; but in our culture, we apply for a curse and reject blessings." 

So now I am on my way to "WORK" to teach my children and my self what true blessings are according to God's word.  I am going to count my blessings and watch as God teaches me to walk each step with Him.  To think and act the way He would.  To rid my mind of what the WORLD has crept in and taught us (even in the church) that blessings are.

Matthew 5:2-12
"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Wow, our view of blessings are much different from God's, we can see that in just a few short verses from Matthew.  Let us learn to count our "true blessings"  as God has so richly given us.
In Him

No comments:

Post a Comment